West Sussex County Council have created a fund to aid small businesses in the county in partnership with Chichester University, Sussex Enterprise and the organisation I work with, Branduin Business Support.
Some of this money is earmarked to support specific projects and some is aimed at more general business support. The business support strand will include.
- Enterprise road-shows
- Business start-up clinics
- Business boot camps
- 1-2-1 Business advice sessions
- Peer network
Immediately the programme extends the clinics that Branduin have been successfully delivering to Sussex Enterprise members for the last year to any West Sussex Business for £25. You will be able to obtain impartial business advice from highly experienced general business advisers on issues you may face starting up or expanding your business. These will be held at Sussex Enterprise Premises in Burgess Hill. The next one will be held on 20th August 2013 – you can book by following this link.
The clinics will be run on these dates also.
The grant fund is set at £600,000 to help local start-ups and established businesses that are wishing to grow. Applicants will be required to provide 50% match funding of the total project costs.
The list below gives some examples of the type of activities which could be eligible for grants:
- Purchase of machinery and equipment
- Premises refurbishment/expansion
- Feasibility work relating to business expansion
- Business strategy to improve sales and commercial performance
- Knowledge transfer-related activities
- Marketing consultancy to identify new sales channels
- Product development consultancy
- Efficiency improvements
- In company training
You will find more information at the Be the Business web site